Thanks for dropping by. The blogger’s name is Push Bhatkoti and he’s a technical consultant specializing in enterprise voice/security, data center and new technologies, with a keen interest in all things bigdata. This blog is intended as a forum for technical discussion, and as such requires people like yourself to join in with comments and keep the discussion lively and on track. Opinions that blogger has expressed on this website are his own personal opinions and do not necessarily represent the opinions of any of my past, present and future employers.
The blogger holds triple CCIE and a double Masters degree. He is also a strong supporter of the open source community. He has an interest in porting the Linux kernel and writing device drivers for AMD/i86 boards. He has been using Linux as his primary desktop for the last 6 years. In free time (when he’s not playing tennis or bush walking), he loves to port the Linux kernel on different boards. These days he is addicted to netFPGA. This is way mind boggling!
For a living, he is an IT Technical Consultant based in Sydney, Australia. He’s an expert in various domains in IT and Telecommunications.
1. MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS:
- V-BLOCK based Teleco grade Cloud – Lead Engineer (design and implementation)
- Large Distributed IP Telephony Clusters – 8K to 70K handsets.
- Architectures 37 nodes Hadoop cluster for parallel data processing (extensively used Hbase & MapReduce).
- A few large scale GetVPN deployment
- Personal OpenFlow project – Successfully ported the custom Tiny kernel using BuildRoot on an ARM board and now doing some custom development in userspace (porting Quaga, sFLOW ipFlow and other networking protocols). This is what keeps him busy and off the street when he has nothing to do.
Update# (Nov2013) – I have put my openflow project on hold, decided to do
third CCIE.(This is now completed – here is the story)
- Update#1 (March2014)– I have started PhD (In Machine Learning)
- Update#2 (Jan 2014) – Completed my first year of PhD and now into the second year.
2. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2014 – Started PhD Journey!
- 2006-2007 – Charles Stuart University, Australia
Master Degree in Networking and System Administration (with Distinction, GPA 6/7)
- 2000-2001 – CCS University, India
Master degree in Statistics/Micro Economics
3. TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) – Service Provider (v3) #21569
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) – Security #21569
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) – Voice #21569
- Cisco Data Centre Unified Computing Support Specialist (DCUCI)
- Alvarion Certified WIMAX Engineer (ACWE) – 802.16d and 802.16E
- Sun Certified System Administrator (SCSA) – Solaris 8.0
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) – Checkpoint 3x
- Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Advance (CSPFA)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) – NT 4.0
- ITIL v3 certified (Foundation)
- Diploma course in Computer Software programming (1 year)
4. COURSES AND TECHNICAL SEMINARS
- Attended Cisco-Live Melbourne 2012.
- Attended Cisco UCS training on “DCUCI” course – 2 days in 2010.
- Attended VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) course – 2 days in 2010.
- Attended Cisco Networkers 2009 in Brisbane.
- Attended VMware High Availability (HA & FT) course – 3 days in 2010.
- Attended Hands on Workshop on Cisco WAAS solution – 1 week in 2007.
- Attended Expand WAN Accelerator training – 2 days in 2006.
- Attended Radware Load Balancer (Link-Proof/Defence-Pro) training – 3 days in 2006.
- Attended RAD products hands on workshop in Vietnam – 1 week in 2005.
- Attended MPLS Advance Switching Course from Geneva, Switzerland – 2 weeks in 2003.
- Attended Linux world 2003, New Delhi, India – 3 days in 2003.
5. TECHNOLOGY SKILL MATRIX:
|AREA OF SKILL||SCALE||SKILLLEVEL||REMARKS|
|Security||10||8||IPSEC, DMVPN, Get-VPN, EZVPN, IPS, IDS, HIDS, NIDS and compliance (PCI, ISO27xxx) antivirus, SIEM, endpoint security & dot1xPen Testing and SAN security.|
|IPTEL / Voice/Contact Centre||10||9||CUCM up to Version 8.6(2a), Unity, GW/GK, Asterisk, Presence, Microsoft Lync, Tele Presence, and Telco grade class 5 Soft-switch.|
|Routing & Switching||10||7||800 series to ASR1xxx & 29xx to Nexus 7K.|
|Cloud Computing (XaaS)||10||7||V-BLOCK|
|Storage & SAN||10||8||EMC & Cisco/Brocade|
|Windows & *NIX||10||7||Very strong in *.NIX, shell scripting.|
|Virtualization||10||7||VMware, XEN and some HiperV experience|
|Digital Media System & CMS||10||8||Cisco Kit – DMM and DMPs|
|WAN Optimization and Load Balancer||10||8||F5, Cisco and Brocade Load Balancers, iRULE.Expand, Riverbed & Cisco WaaS|
|Traditional Switching SDH/PDH/CWDM/DWDM||10||8||Primary, Secondary and tertiary Multiplexing over CWDM/DWDM.|
|WIMAX, WIFI & Backhaul radio||10||7||Alvarion WIMAX kit, Ceregon and Cisco WIFI|
6. THINGS THAT I DON”T LIKE:
- Jul 2008 – Passed CCIE Voice Lab exam
- Jun 2010 – Passed CCIE Security Lab exam
- Feb 2013 – Passed CCIE Service Provider Lab exam
- Dec, 2014- Finished first year at University of my PhD (in Machine Learning)
|8. CONTACT INFORMATION|
|E-MAIL FACEBOOK LINKEDIN|
|email@example.com www.facebook.com/pbhatkoti http://www.linkedin.com/in/pushbhatkoti|